*Edited to add: I forgot to mention that if you're only making this for two people, you're going to have leftover chicken mixture. Save this and use if for nachos later on. Cookie sheet, taco chips, chicken mixture, cheese, and whatever else you want. Bake or broil.
These are super easy and can be made in advance and stuck in the fridge until go time. Ground beef or turkey can be substituted in lieu of the chicken and they're still good.
- Chicken. Either breasts, tenders, or pre-cooked. It doesn't really matter.
- 1 can black beans - Drained and Rinsed!
- 1 small can of yellow corn - Drained!
- 1 small can of diced chilies
- Packet of taco seasoning or do your own mix
- Tortillas. Try whole wheat, they're not THAT bad! Size? Not the huge ones, I'd stick to the 8 inchers.
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup. Campbell's Healthy Request version is what I use.
- Sour cream
- Hot sauce
- Shredded Mexican cheese
Preheat oven to 350. Cook your chicken and cut into bite-sized pieces. Return to skillet and add black beans, corn, and 3/4 of the can of chilies. Add seasonings and a little water if necessary.
While those get cozy, make your sauce. If you're making this for 2 people you won't need the whole can of soup. And it also depends on how much sauce you're wanting. I usually use half a can of soup. Empty the soup into a bowl and add a little sour cream. You're wanting a pale yellow color and to mellow out the taste of the soup. Add the rest of the chilies and some hot sauce. Mix well.
Prepare a baking dish by spritzing a little Pam on the sides, just to keep the cheese from sticking. (I'm all about easy clean up) Spoon a little sauce in the middle of a tortilla, add some of the chicken mixture, roll and place into dish. Repeat. When finished, shmear sauce on top of the rolled tortillas and top with shredded cheese. Done. Bake until cheese is melted and everything is warm and toasty. Somewhere around 25 minutes or so, if they haven't been hanging out in the fridge. If they are chilly going into the oven I'd give them at least 35 minutes.