Here's what you need to know about this photo:
- The kids picked 2 pumpkins out. The big one rotted in less than a week, so we were left with only the small one to carve.
- Vance thinks he likes to get the guts out, but not really. He has a thing about getting his hands dirty.
- This was the first year that he really cared about what the pumpkin looks like. He chose the shapes of all features and could not be swayed. (Believe me, I tried.) This annoyed me a bit as I like carving pumpkins.
- Next year we'll get more than one pumpkin to carve.
- The pumpkin carving tools that I use are around 17 years old. I believe I got them when I was a freshman in high school.
- Since carving the pumpkin, no one has remembered to light the candle at night.
- This year I didn't roast the seeds.
- Vance and I did this while Vaughn was napping and it took around 20 minutes. If we would have done it while she was awake it would have taken a lot longer.