What we've been up to: A List!
- I volunteered in Vance's classroom for the first time last week. Kindergarten is crazy place, man. I couldn't handle that everyday. The teachers asked how old I was. I'm going to start telling people what they want to hear instead of my standard reply of "Yes, I know I look young...". Maybe I'll write to Oprah, tell her my story, and suggest doing a show that reveals tips on how to look older.
- I realized that Vaughn will be 3 soon and is still on the sippy cup. For the most part, Vance was done with his by 3 but I've learned early on that these two children are not comparable by any means. Vaughn, bless her heart, is the epitome of clumsy. We're going to take the open container hurdle slowly.
- Vance has found his love of sports. Recently he mentioned that he'd like try polo. I told him that I'd file that recommendation and we can revisit it when an opportunity presents itself. In the mean time we've been doing lots of basketball, soccer, kickball, and pitching to him.
- Last week I tweeted about a spider in our house. I didn't want a bug smear to be on the ceiling,
we don't have ceiling touch up paint,so I was waiting until he came down onto the wall to get him. Of course I forgot about him and next thing I knew he was gone. Vance found him yesterday though and we may or may not have carried him safely outside.
- Vance has been waking up early again. When he wakes up he gets himself dressed, puts his pj's away, brushes his teeth, and makes his bed. This is a good thing but stinks when you try to put him back into bed and find his bed neatly made. I heard the ruckus and found him, ready for the day, sitting in the kitchen. I let him hang out in our bed instead. This was at 6:15 this morning. It's going to be a long day for him.
Have a great Monday!